You may know the most common usage of the acronym AKA is as a short form of Also Known As.
That said, AKA does mean other things too. So what else does AKA stand for?
Here’s a few of its most common meanings:
What does AKA stand for?
- Above Knee Amputation – a medical term for the removal of the leg above the knee.
- Alcoholic Ketoacidosis – a metabolic condition caused by alcohol abuse. Symptoms include tiredness, dehydration, upset stomach and abdominal pain.
- All Kidding Aside.
- Also Known As – used when mentioning aliases, nicknames, pseudonyms, etc.
- Always Known As – similar usage to “also known as”.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha – a sorority established in 1908 and incorporated in 1913.
- Authentication and Key Agreement – a 3G network security protocol.
- The American Karate Association.
- The American Kennel Association.
- The American Kickboxing Academy.
- The American Kinesiology Association.
- The American Kitefliers Association.
- The Australian Karting Association.